Wednesday 22 April 2009

Knight in shining Armour (1)


I just spent three hours working on a proposal. It's off the cuff, I'm inspired and just keep writing, doing the odd bit of e-search in between. I am hammering away on my conclusion with a silly little smile stuck on my face ...hahaha, how witty I am. Then disaster strikes. I press the shift key for too long, I don't know what on earth happens, but the file is gone. AWOL, or should I say AWOB, Absent WithOut Backup. I cry, I scream, shout, hit my laptop, shake it and twist it, but to no avail. The document is lost forever. I vow never to touch a keypad again. That was last year. Only now I find this knight in shining armour who helps out digi-damsels in distress. His name is Brian Kato and his version of Excalibur is a program called RESTORATION. It promises to restore files which are deleted from the recycle bin or deleted while holding down the Shift key by mistake. Thanks Brian, does it also work after 10 months...? Click here to get RESTORATION: http://www.aumha.org/a/recover.php

Oh and charmingly, this program has another function that makes it almost impossible to restore all deleted files. You can use it after deletion of confidential documents, embarrassing files and so on. Now surely a knight in shining armour has no embarassing files in his castle?

No comments:

Post a Comment

21st Century Learning

My photo
Teacher, trainer, Head of IT, mum of three online teens, into social networks, open educational resources and visual learning. Head in the Global Cloud and feet in the Dutch clay.