Friday 16 January 2009

First Post

My first post... well at least it sounds better than the last post. I will keep myself posted about the fascinating things I come across in the world of elearning. Having been a television producer, a creative manager and a primary school teacher, my skills and experience led me into the e-learning field. And I love it. Why don't all schools embrace open educational resources? It's free, userfriendly and useful. Let the kids teach their teacher, why not? Get the digital natives to inform the digital immigrants. I was born too long ago to be a digital native, although I feel like a spring chicken compared to the wise old men visiting elearning conferences. Generation Y is a hot topic, but where are they? I'm Generation X, interested in technology and the many useful applications for education. I just discovered Jing, something my 12-year old cousin has already been working with for ages now. It's like a present, all these open source applications, because I remember the time I could only get my hands on decent software by paying hundreds of pounds for it or by selling my body to the office graphic designer in exchange for an illegal copy of the so coveted software... And now; it's dive in and go, all for free and legal. I love It.

No comments:

Post a Comment

21st Century Learning

My photo
Teacher, trainer, Head of IT, mum of three online teens, into social networks, open educational resources and visual learning. Head in the Global Cloud and feet in the Dutch clay.