Monday 19 January 2009

Geek Speak

A friend texted me that she'd jinged her homepage and twittered it, which had gained her 3 followers. Geek speak has become daily practice for large amounts of people. Not being Gen Y, I still remember the time when everyone was offline, not even having a mobile phone. The first mobiles were huge and very expensive too - you were an incredible show-off if you had one. And now the youngest generation, the Millenium kids, are carrying mobile phones as if it's the most normal thing in the world. They'd be lost without one. Does the mobile phone in his pocket give a 6-year old more independence or is it just the other way around? That's a thought for next time. For now I'd like to mention the website which will get everyone online; Gen X, Y or Millenium kid - even German teachers :-) www.teachertrainingvideos.com. Russel Stannard is the creator of this award winning website, of which the best part is again: it's for free! Enjoy Russel's videos, they're fun and easy to follow. It's like one-to-one tuition whenever it suits you. Did I mention before that I love shareware? Yes, I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

21st Century Learning

My photo
Teacher, trainer, Head of IT, mum of three online teens, into social networks, open educational resources and visual learning. Head in the Global Cloud and feet in the Dutch clay.